1414 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, NY 10019-2514
1 Hotel Central Park
- I would be remiss if I did not call out Nicholas the General Manager, what a gentleman and Lauren who provided me a property tour and challenged me to rethink my concept of luxury.
- We would then sleep over at a hotel at or near the Parade route, and get up early on Thanksgiving morning to see the Macy's Parade (and even occasionally enjoy a room with a Parade view).
- Whilst we spent a lot of our time walking and sightseeing, to be able to return to such a relaxing and calming environment really did help re-charge the batteries.
- Location was great: meeting points of tours are walking distance , and so are the nice restaurants of NYC.
- If you are 6 feet or taller there is a good chance you might knock yourself unconscious if you had a little hop in your step.load more ...
- Loved the decor in the rooms, comfy lounges in the mezzanine (almost fell asleep there despite the rumbles of conversation from the restaurant below) and interesting decor throughout the hotel.
- Replaced with a much less interesting one.
- but it is very cool and 'quirky', with something interesting to look at in every space.
- The bar/restaurant serves nice food (try the Tuna poke) and has an interesting crowd.
- but it wasn’t anything interesting.load more ...
- The room was small
- The rooms are small
- Rooms small c/w NYC --"alcove queen"
- Rooms are small by European standards,
- The Room was smallload more ...
- I'm from NYC, and always stay at another property near Central Park when I go "home" to visit.
- We absolutely loved how close to Central Park we were, location is excellent!
- Bonus points for it being so close to Central Park.
- We wanted to be close to Central Park and this was the perfect spot.
- Close to shopping, restaurants, coffee shops and did I mention SO close to Central Park?load more ...
- Food at JAMS: YUM!!
- And the Jams restaurant is a great breakfast spot to start your day.
- From the greeting upon arrival, to the reception staff, to the security team, to the team keeping my room clean and sanitized, to the staff at JAM.
- Booking online directly through the hotel was so easy, the hotel offered a deal with a great rate, complimentary late 1 PM checkout, as well as a $25 credit to the wonderful restaurant Jam's at the hotel!
- The location is superb, and while the restaurant Jams is still gearing up to back to full service, we enjoyed excellent juices, smoothies, cookies, soup and coffees in their very comfortable space.load more ...
- This hotel is very clean and prides itself on its eco-friendly amenities which I appreciate,
- Pristine room, eco friendly and luxurious toiletries.
- However, if eco friendly, smaller rooms with queen size beds, cardboard straws and reclaimed things are your wheelhouse you will LOVE this place.
- The eco-friendly decor was beautiful and very soothing.
- The hotel is very focused on a natural feel and sustainability and you could definitely tell that from the furniture to the eco-friendly accents.load more ...
- The room: Loved the reclaimed wooden ceiling, window seat/alcove and bunker like feel.load more ...
- There is a curtain and a door to the bathroom for privacy.
- The privacy curtain only covers the sight from the bedroom area and It still can be seen from the entrance door.
- Only complaint- Wide open windows to the bathroom so even with the curtains pulled there’s not a lot of privacy.
- You have to pull a curtain in the bedroom for privacy.
- Also, be aware if you like your privacy that the glass bathroom doors, even with the screen pulled, leave a little to be desired!load more ...
- (The bathroom had a wall of glass,
- I will not recommend for the guest travelling with family staying in this Hotel, unless they can get an accessible room which has a solid wall bathroom.
- Our view was a brick wall
- However, our Alcove room was quite dark because the window was facing at a wall.
- Yes, the walls are thin - we could hear people in adjacent rooms coming and going,load more ...